Thursday, June 26, 2014

A retreat in the Catskill mountains

With the summer holidays fast approaching it's important to plan the perfect downtime. For me it's to retreat to nature, at least at the start. I would love to say I'm a camping kind of girl but sadly all I could muster under canvas is about one night (two at a push!). I'd much rather stay in a lovely cabin by the sea / or lake. If you like your wood cabins too I think you'll love this country house in the Catskill mountains owned by Amanda Bupp (and captured by Maxwell Tielman). Decorated in monochrome and neutrals you could almost believe you were in Norrland, Sweden and not the Southern part of New York state. I could wile away my summer here, how about you?!












Photography: Maxwell Tielman. Via Design Sponge

For more information about this lovely cabin and where items are from check out the full article over at Design Sponge.

In case you missed them I'm also dreaming about this Stockholm archipelego cabin, a lighthouse-keepers cottage on Gotland and all the other home-tours under rural retreats! *Sigh* I feel relaxed just looking at them!

How do you like to spend your holidays?

A retreat in the Catskill mountains Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Cak Cak Aja

0 comments:

Post a Comment