Monday, October 28, 2013

A Swedish west coast retreat, family home and studio

Hello Monday! A storm is brewing here in Southern Sweden, and although I don't want to be out in it, I'm looking forward to the prospect of batoning down the hatches, getting out the blankets and lighting a few candles. This definitely calls for a cosy home exposed to the perils of nature. This Swedish retreat by the sea in Frilesas, Halland (not far from here) was originally designed and built by owner Fred, a carpenter. He was looking for a weekend bolthole and decided to keep it small, open-plan, simple and modern. But when he met his partner Lina, a designer, they decided to extend it to create a family home and a studio from which Lina could work. Now Lina and Fred  live here with their 6 month old son Stig and it's undeniably cosy, warm and welcoming. A perfect haven from a storm raging outside!








Lantliv by  Maria Delice  Karlsson with kind permission.

Could you ride out a storm in here?! 

Read more about it here (in Swedish). Or check out other cosy Swedish retreat's here (romantic log cabin anyone?!) and here.

In the last image I spy a sheepskin rug - which leads me to my latest news - I'm very excited to welcome my new sponsor BLACK SHEEP (WHITE LIGHT) purveyor of eco-friendly icelandic sheepskins and other select natural design products. I have my eye on this one in particular! They also ship worldwide - perfect! Thank you for supporting the sponsors that make this blog possible.

PS Oh and the other piece of exciting news is that my home is featured in the November edition of IKEA Family Live! I'm a big fan of IKEA as you know, so it's an honour to be included!

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

A Swedish west coast retreat, family home and studio Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Cak Cak Aja

0 comments:

Post a Comment